esmaspäev, oktoober 29, 2007

Hartelius! Hartelius?

So I voted for Dag Hartelius last night during Tantsud Tähtedega. Actually, I voted for him three times. My vote(s), perhaps, led to the elimination of Kristiina Ojuland and her partner Aleksandr Makarov, who were pretty good, one of the better pairs in my opinion.

Should I be ashamed of my votes? Maybe, maybe not. I mean people voted for Luisa Vark and Andrus Varnik -- neither of whom I found interesting. I think I'd rather have Katrin Karisma back. Her Mrs. Robinson pairing with Veiko Ratas was somewhat more intriguing.

But what about Dag? Is he really a good dancer? Technically no, but he does have charisma. He smiles and looks like he's having a good time. Doesn't that count in our books even if it doesn't count for conservative judges like Jüri Nael? And what's up with the host Mart Sander? If he makes any more ironic facial expressions I might start to believe he's actually being serious.

Today though I feel confused.

10 kommentaari:

Pierre ütles ...

Ok, I'm confused too. I know it's not Eurovision season, so dancing with the stars, or signing with the stars as they have here in Latvia?...

Pierre

PS: I find it curious that there are no Esti channels on LV TV, but plenty of Russian channels.

Giustino ütles ...

And there are not Latvian channels here, but all the Finnish channels. Which means that right after we finish with Hartelius, I can switch to watching cross country skiing ...

LPR ütles ...

I find it incredulous that there is actually a live American heterosexual male that can live so long without football. In fact, effectively replacing manly football, the hallmark of american manliness with some kinda limpwristed european dance show. What should we learn from this fact? A) There are all simply kinds of american males B) or
it is more manly to watch men in normal pants doing 'movements' with women than men in white tight pants doing 'movements' with each other.

BBH ütles ...

I kind of like Koit Toome and his partner - they're always so vigorous and happy. I voted for them!

But I do like Hartelius too - he's my number 2 favo(u)rite.

Luarvik ütles ...

Pierre,
There wouldn't probably be an audience for Eesti TV channels in Latvia. Language is another problem. Things would need to be dubbed. There's an other annoying trend in Latvia (and Lithuania) - everything is dubbed, making it virtually impossible to watch anything. As for Russian channels - there are plenty of Russians to cater for... both in Eesti and in Latvia.

Wahur ütles ...

I would add to Luarvik's comment, that it is almost impossible to find even half-decent Latvian-Estonian-Latvian or Lithuanian-Estonian-Lithuanian translator.

Giustino ütles ...

But you can find plenty of Estonian-Finnish translators, and, surprisingly, many of the Finns I have met here speak Estonian too.

Is that why we have all their channels, or is it because the cross country skiing coverage is so good?

Doris ütles ...

traditions as well. Many older generation Estonians say that the reason Estonia was the most "free" part of the Soviet Union was that we (or at least the Norhtern part of Estonia) could catch Finnish TV and radio. Even though the Soviets tried scrambling it as often as possible.

Giustino ütles ...

I can actually understand some of the broadcasts. It's a bit weird considering I am not a native speaker. It's quite strange because some sentences ring out clearly and then others make no sense at all ...

Alex ütles ...

Just so ya know, I didn't vote, but I was pullin' for ol' Dag myself. Always voting for the underdog I am.

BTW, Finnish isn't that hard, it's like Estonian but with lots more consonants all in a row.