esmaspäev, november 28, 2016

the logic of the world suspended

Of all the cultural issues I have had to struggle with in this country, the greatest obstacle has been perhaps matriarchy. So many times, I have felt the logic of the world suspended and a heavy harness of blurry-minded intuitive decisions hoisted upon me. While I am hardly the personification of Latin machismo, there is some stubborn aspect of my consciousness that refuses to be corralled or forced to acquiesce to a social hierarchy that considers me part workman, part playboy, a mere guest at the table who must at all times be mindful. Too many times, I have refused to bow my head and have been accordingly punished. But I am not going to bow my head. Ever. If lonesomeness is the price I have to pay for self respect, so be it.

Kommentaare ei ole: